Goals = gold

Wouldn't be blogging at time period of time cause of all the assignments but this thought hit me hard. 


I'd say I've spent my summer break really well. It is an unforgettable, yet exciting and sad one. If it wasn't my roommate who has been supporting me last semester, that semester wouldn't have finished that fast. And if it wasn't because of her, I wouldn't have joined Saltycustoms for a two months internship, which helped me in knowing myself more than I used to. 

I wouldn't say I get to know myself in that two months, but it is the things I've learnt there that got me thinking even after I leave that place. 
Then, its a 4 months break and i get to have more time to spend with those that i haven't meet for a while, or those that I've met almost everyday in Brisbane haha. Something is different every single time I meet another person, even if I see them everyday, once a year or once a month. 
Getting to celebrate my 21st with all those that I've grew up with, those that I appreciate in life most was also one of the best thing that I did that summer break. I've learnt that even the smallest gift that you get from them, if you appreciate it, you'll love it. I love every single present that I have got, whether its a hoodie, a pretty pen that i have always wanted, a necklace, or make up. You'll realise these people really know me, the thought behind every single gift made me burst into tears while opening up the presents. (so much drama but I really did cry)

It made me think, why am I so lucky to have each and everyone of you in my life. 

 Especially after coming back to Brisbane, you have all the time in the world to think about yourself and your life(then feel depress about what you have not achieve.LOL). 

SO while I get to know myself a little bit more, I see this world differently.

This is what I am planning to do with the rest of my life. 



1) Make meaning out of what you are doing instead of asking people what you re doing.

Everyone's life is different, everyone live their differently as well. You are the only person in this world who knows what make you feel good, what is meaningful to you, what makes you happy, what drives you to keep going. Nobody else know that better than you yourself.

Instead of asking people, why is this happening to you, why this why that, why not tell yourself why? Everything happen for a reason, and everything happen because it is your choice to make it happen. So make meaning of your choices, be proud of your choices. Make your choices worth it. 


2) Take negativity out from your life.

Why let someone who doesn't like your favourite peanut butter ice cream to tell you not to eat it cause they think its not nice? Why let someone who thinks their life sucks make you think that life sucks? Why let someone tell you you cannot achieve what you want when you know you can? 


3) Its okay to make mistake, but never blame others for your own mistake.

✔️ Yes, I called the restaurant and booked a table for 5 instead of 7, it was my fault I did not read your messages properly.

❌ I booked for 5 and it was your fault. You did not write clearly in the message.

✔️ I did not go for the lecture that's why I missed the contents taught that week and now I don't know how to do this assignment. It was my choice.

❌ I don't know how to do this now because I did not go for the lecture. It was all the lecturer's fault for being so boring.

It was you who did not read the message properly, if you take the responsibility to call and book the table, you need to check and make sure you did it right.
It was your choice for not going to the lecture because it was boring. It was only you who think its boring,  not that the lecturer wants to make it boring so that you don't learn.
Admit that you make mistakes, accept it. That is how you learn, that is how you change yourself.


4) Only do things that you think is worth it.

I was so not productive or motivated early this semester, so I printed out this quote and stick it on the wall in my room.
"Don't count the days, make the days count."

Why waste time counting stars, when you can do things that are actually beneficial for yourself, mentally, physically or even of your future. (well only if your dream is to become the famous astronomer or the scientist that discovered another planet that human can live on, GO! GO  COUNT MORE STARS)


5) Start now.

Good things only wait for those who search for them.  If you never start finding them, they will never ever appear right in front of you waiting for you to pick them up. NO, they don't provide delivery service.
If you want to enjoy later on, start doing your assignment now.
If you want to get a good job, start making yourself worth for the job.
If you want to be the scientist that discover the other planet that human can live on, why are you still playing video games?


6) Give support and hope to others.

A nice and warm pat on the back can get someone going more than not doing anything. A little support changes someone from giving up to keep going up. And doesn't it feel nice motivating each other, supporting each other and seeing each other succeed?
BUT, never ever supports others if you really really think that it is not going to work for them and never give false hope.



At least this is what I think how I should live my life.





Comments